About: Barnet House is a large two story home in Pompton Lakes. Throughout 2016, DPD provided 4,800 days of care to 7 people with multiple developmental and physical disabilities.
History: Barnet House (formerly Wayne Marathon House) opened on Black Oak Ridge Road in Wayne in July of 1977. Barnet House was named “Wayne Marathon House” because of a weekend long basketball marathon fundraiser run by the Wayne Hills High School and Wayne Valley High School. This fundraiser raised over $40,000 which was used to purchase the home.
In 2006, the Wayne Marathon House was sold and the residents moved from Wayne to Lenox Avenue in Pompton Lakes. Barnet House was opened on January 30, 2006 and named after Dr. Lawrence F. Barnet. Dr. Barnet was an attending physician at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Paterson and St. Joseph, Wayne Hospital. Dr. Barnet was the “family” physician for many of the residents of DPD for over 35 years. Dr. Barnet passed away in 2015, but his legacy as “DPD’s Doctor” will live on forever.
Article about Barnet House Dedication Ceremony
Article in Memory of Dr. Lawrence Barnet, the Record
52 Lenox Avenue
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
Phone: (973) 409-2764
Fax: (973) 835-1199
Director: Ashley Hidalgo
Give to Barnet House’s Wish List